Companies wishing to export their products to the Customs Union (CU) of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan must obtain national certifications. Accredited certification bodies test products for their conformity with the Technical Regulations (TR) of the Customs Union (CU). TÜV SÜD RUS has now been accredited for further TRs by the Russian authority Rosakkreditacija. A new Technical Regulation on pressure equipment will come into effect on 1 February 2014.
The Russian Federation is Germany's fourth largest export market worldwide. Today, Technical Regulations (TR) govern more than 20 different safety and quality standards for products to be exported to Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan. TÜV SÜD's subsidiary TÜV SÜD RUS is now accredited for the following Technical Regulations:
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union No. 010/2011 "On the safety of machinery and equipment"
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union No. 016/2011 "On the safety of fuel gas machinery"
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union No. 020/2011 "On the electromagnetic compatibility of hardware"
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union No. 031/2012 "On the safety of agricultural and forestry tractors and their trailers"
- Technical Regulation No. 032/2013 (to take effect on 1 February 2014) "On the safety of equipment working under excessive pressure"
"In the field of pressure equipment such as steam boilers or vessels in particular, we are one of the first suppliers worldwide that can assist foreign companies in accessing the Russian market", says Yury Kulikou, expert for the Russian Federation at TÜV SÜD Industrie Service GmbH. "We hold accreditations for most Technical Regulations in the industrial sector, which is important for areas including the certification of machinery and equipment to be exported to the Customs Union
In addition to testing and certification, products and equipment also need a permit for use issued by ROSTEKHNADZOR. Experienced experts from TÜV SÜD Industrie Service and TÜV Hessen determine which documents have to be submitted for placing the equipment into service in the Customs Union. Last year TÜV SÜD's subsidiary, TÜV SÜD RUS, was licensed by ROSTEKHNADZOR for placing equipment into service. So far, the company has focused on the certification of equipment used in the oil and gas industries, such as pumps and production systems.
Further information can be found at www.tuev-sued.de/is and www.tuev-hessen.de.