Navigate complex green building rating requirements smoothly with TÜV SÜD
Whenever you are building a new structure or refurbishing an existing building, the challenge is to minimise the damage to the environment while providing a healthy workplace. The task of designing a sustainable and energy efficient building demands a comprehensive understanding of multiple aspects including local norms, existing green standards, quality standards, environmental regulations, safety standards, building codes as well as carbon tax.
TÜV SÜD provides you with the guidance necessary navigate the requirements of national and international green building rating systems such as LEED, BREEAM and DGNB. Furthermore, TÜV SÜD plays a key facilitation role between you and the relevant Green Building Council or Certification Body and ensures that your commitment to sustainability is well documented according to the requirements.
Our services at a glance
- An ideal approach is to start with the feasibility study of the project to assess the eligibility with respect to the green rating
system or program
- Once the eligibility of the project is established, the immediate task would be to work on the design of the project to ensure all design parameters meet the requirements of the desired rating systems
Energy modelling & simulation
- Make decisions on possible green measures with the help of TÜV SÜD’s sophisticated software and techniques in energy modelling and simulation to establish case scenarios of energy use during the building operation
- Save energy costs during operations by maximizing the use of natural lighting. Leverage on advanced lighting simulation software and techniques to generate photorealistic scenarios of different lighting use
Green building facilitation
- TÜV SÜD provides you with all necessary guidance to achieve and document your commitment to meet the requirements of Green Building Rating System. TÜV SÜD will also review all design and construction documents before submission to Certification Body and take care of the liaison with the Certification Body to obtain the Green Building Certification
Third party commissioning
- TÜV SÜD supports you to assess the suitability of the equipment, systems and products which you are using in your operation
- Implementation of green measures is an ongoing process which needs to be monitored and reviewed throughout the building
lifecycle. A series of training sessions will be conducted to impart the knowledge of the green rating system and the review of documentation process to all designs, such as Architect, MEP consultant, Contractor, HVAC Consultant, Landscape Consultant etc. Roles and responsibilities will be assigned to each team member