Convert wind power into profit
In the effort to achieve ambitious carbon reduction targets, governments around the globe are increasingly turning towards wind power as a key component of the clean energy mix. On and offshore wind parks now generate over 125 Gigawatts of power amounting to almost 2% of the total world demand.
Investors and project developers need to ensure their return on investment and receive independent intelligence on expected energy yield for investment decisions. Manufacturing of components for wind turbines has become a highly competitive global business. Players in the market need to ensure their products deliver on quality and reliability as well as the conformity to international standards. Operators need to ensure the farm maintains its yield targets and runs efficiently. Downtime due to equipment malfunction and maintenance cost will directly impact bottom line.
TÜV SÜD provides a suite of services from wind farm design to dismantling that ensure wind farm safety, quality and efficiency as well as investment certainty. Upon onset of the project, TÜV SÜD experts conduct feasibility studies on suitable site location and layout and site assessments on farm yield expectation, providing independent and impartial expert reports for investors and project developers.
Upon commissioning, we support with review of approvals and permits for building and grid connections and upon commencement of the farm development, we monitor the erection of the wind tower and turbine. We conduct type certification for wind turbines and their components including prototype tests as well as pre-and post shipment inspection to the wind farm. Once in operation, we conduct final approval and periodic inspections, as well as the assessment of grid connection and grid quality.
Our services are designed to ensure maximum yield, optimum operational efficiency and reduced cost through maintenance downtime. Our ISO/IEC Guide 65 (DIN EN 45011) accredited certification body as well as ISO/IEC 17025 accredited labs can certify your wind components to all national and international standards.
Our services at a glance
Services for on- and offshore investors and project developers
- Project certification
- Resource assessment
- Feasibility studies
- Site assessment
- Profitability forecasts
- Wind measurement, LIDAR measurement
- Turbulence and extreme wind assessment
- Environmental impact assessment
- Geotechnical assessment
- Cost identification and project costing
- Energy yield assessment
- Risk assessment
- Due diligence
- Grid compliance
- Erection monitoring
- Commissioning supervision and acceptance tests
- Quality assurance, pre- and post shipment inspections, transport control
- Supply chain services, manufacturer qualification, quality Assurance
- Final approval of the erected wind farm
Services for on- and offshore wind power equipment and component manufacturers
Services for on- and offshore owners and operators
- Contract review (manufacturer, lease, operating, service and energy feed-in contracts, guarantees and warranties)
- Review of approvals and permits (building permissions, grid connections)
- Analysis of grid network connection conditions
- Verification of compliance with the applicable network ratings
- In-service inspections for wind turbine, service lift and crane, pressure vessel, transformer station, infrastructure