Environmental Due Diligence
- Comprehensive environmental risk assessment
- An important basis for decision-making on purchases, mergers and acquisitions
- Examination of the present circumstances and historical burdens
- Legislative compliance assessment
- Field surveys
What is the Environmental Due Diligence
To make the right decision, every buyer or investor needs plenty of objective information enabling them to assess the risks associated with a purchase, merger, acquisition or other business transaction. Besides financial, legal, market and technical aspects, also environmental risks, if any, play an important role. The term environmental due diligence is broadly used for their objective assessment.
Late revealed environmental risks incur additional financial costs associated with remediation, prevention of contamination spread and threat to the environment and human health. The risk of legal sanctions is also reflected in the financial costs.
For Whom is the Environmental Due Diligence Intended
Nowadays, environmental due diligence has become an essential background for any buyer or investor in the process of business transaction execution. Environmental due diligence is virtually a necessity for foreign investors who are not familiar in detail with the requirements of national legislation in the field of the environment. Environmental due diligence is a service used primarily by investment and development companies, industrial companies, and banks.
A Comprehensive and Individualized Approach
The focus of the environmental due diligence is given by individual requirements of a client. To obtain information for quick decision-making, a basic assessment of the present circumstances and a rough estimate of potential risks can be prepared. In case a detailed assessment is required, environmental due diligence includes surveys, preparation of expert opinions and suggestions of corrective measures.
Our clients are offered a comprehensive and objective approach consisting in the coverage of all sub-components of the environment. We make use of proven methodologies and experience of our German parent company. In addition, in collaboration with experts in building materials, constructions and power savings, we also offer technical due diligence.
The Service Includes
- review of the aspects stemming from the historical use of real property
- property inspection – from the inside as well as outside
- assessment of the effects associated with the use of adjacent lands
- a survey of the contamination of soil, groundwater, construction materials
- survey of indoor air pollution
- evaluation of radiation, noise and odour load
- preparation of expert opinions
The SCoRE Real Estate Certification
The environmental due diligence is part of a comprehensive real estate assessment within the SCoRE certification.SCoRE (Sustainability Certification of Real Estate) is an assessment of the quality and sustainability of commercial real estate, which is an important tool in selling and renting real estate. During certification, it concerns the following assessment areas
- energy (heating, electricity)
- building (building concept, design, sheathing, building equipment, etc.)
- location (transport infrastructure, image / location, etc.)
- water, waste water and waste
- soil, contamination (contamination suspicion, local survey, etc.)