End-to-end monitoring along the value chain
Corporate buyers and consumers need to be confident that the goods received are delivered to their quality and performance specifications. TÜV SÜD’s inspection solutions can go a long way towards minimising inadvertent risks.
Our qualified team of highly trained and specialised inspection professionals can monitor the entire supply chain, from raw materials to final production. We can also monitor the transportation of products from pre-shipment right up to the final retail point.
Our services at a glance
Inspections during production
Quality inspections ensure that products meet the specific requirements of their designs. Our inspection services can verify the quality and quantity of the materials while ensuring that the packaging conforms to the buyers’ requirements.
TÜV SÜD can also monitor the production process itself. These onsite inspections are performed at production sites and suppliers’ premises according to the sampling procedures described in NSI / ASQ Z.1.4 – 2003, BS 6001 (AQL), NFX 06-022, ISO 2859- 1:1999 and DIN 40.080.
- Initial Production Checks (IPC): Inspectors conduct visual and functional checks to verify the quality of the product at the beginning of the production cycle.
- During Production Checks (DUPRO): Inspectors conduct checks to verify the quality of the product when the production cycle is about 30 to 40% complete and product packing has started.
- Final Random Inspections (FRI): Inspectors perform a comprehensive inspection of the completely packed shipment according to internationally accepted random sampling practices.
Inspections in transit
- Besides ensuring the quality of raw materials and production processes, TÜV SÜD’s inspection team can also monitor the transit and transportation of product on shipment to the client. We inspect containers for cleanliness and suitability besides checking consignments to ensure that they conform to the client’s specifications.
- We can also perform an additional inspection on shipments to verify that they correspond to the quantity, size and colour on the packing list. This additional checkpoint can help avoid costly shipping mistakes and misrouted consignments.
Inspections at retail points
- The final quality check for any toy is at the retail point. Here, TÜV SÜD’s “Anonymous Mystery Shopper” inspectors take random or pre-designated samples of products on shelves to conduct various toxicity and mechanical tests on the product, thus ensuring that they meet the same requirements as they did in our laboratories.
Inspection of food and food-related operations
- Hygiene Inspection
We conduct food safety inspections with regard to personnel hygiene, building and equipment sanitation, as well as food handling as well as process audits with regard to all processes in the production areas like food production, equipment, bonded and non-bonded stores, dispatch and transport.