End-to-end vehicle safety, quality and operational efficiency
In the highly competitive global automotive market, TÜV SÜD partners manufacturers, supporting them to produce safe vehicles in a cost-effective manner and with sustainable quality that complies with both national and international standards and regulations.
TÜV SÜD provides interdisciplinary single-source automotive engineering expertise to ensure product safety and high quality while complying with national and international standards and regulations. Our services range from initial design reviews, vehicle and components testing, technical expert opinion through to homologation and post market retail services. Powered by the latest information on quality and safety standards and employing the latest technical and quality management methodologies and equipment.
Our services at a glance
Consultancy along the entire product lifecycle
- We provide technical consultancy, from initial design reviews to expert opinion on vehicle design and technology. Interpreting international safety and quality standards/regulations throughout the entire vehicle lifecycle.
- We provide an integrated quality assurance (IQA) service - a 360 degree view on a supplier from design, through to manufacturing and quality management systems and quality awareness of staff to pre-shipment inspections.
- We conduct 2nd party supplier audits e.g. ISO, ECE, INMETRO to ensure consistent component quality and performance to your specific supplier criteria.
Vehicle & component testing
- We provide a wide range of vehicle and component tests to all relevant national, international and customer specific quality and safety standards. Leveraging our network of ISO 17025 accredited laboratories. We conduct chemical, electrical mechanical and functional testing.
Management system certification to quality, safety and environmental standards
We conduct audits and provide management system certification to several international management system standards. These include:
Homologation and type approvals for worldwide certification and acceptance
For market export, you will need to comply with the legal and technical requirements of the homologation procedure. TÜV SÜDs experienced engineers will guide you through even the most comprehensive of homologation projects, from the initial assessment and application, support for new vehicle concept approvals through to entire project management and training on homologation requirements and type approval procedures.
- INMETRO Directive 301/2011
- ECE R100
We provide the required technical report to obtain the type approval or homologation certificate by the relevant authorities.
- We assess the conformity of production (COP) of components and accessories.
- We provide training programs on automotive regulations and standards, directives and quality standards updates
Post-market launch services
Our portfolio of services for post-market launch includes:
- Vehicle and used car management
- Damage assessment and value appraisals
- Optimisation of quality and processes
- Shop and dealership performance audits
- Environment and occupational safety services
- Used car strategic solutions