Make sure you’re approved of
Hybrid electric vehicles, battery electric vehicles and fuel cell cars have a new and additional layer in the type approval process. In addition to all conventional component approvals that are relevant for homologation, all electric installations need to fulfill full compliance to the specific technical regulations. Functional safety becomes a very relevant issue as mechanical and electronic devices need to inter-operate. Typical failure analysis falls short if mechanical testing and electronic failure simulation are not harmonised.
TÜV SÜD is at the forefront of these developments. We are working with other industry partners to create specifications and processes that comply with existing and emerging governmental regulations around the world.
Our homologation-oriented support covers initial design to final application for whole vehicle type-approval. This comprehensive framework ensures your designs are realised within the regulatory requirement framework for all target markets. Saving you both time and money.
Electric vehicle design requires specialised know-how and expertise. We can support you with our vast experience in this field.
Your e-Homologation partner for:
- All types of electric vehicles. Our experience ranges from two-wheelers, quads and passenger cars to heavy commercial vehicles
- Certification of individual approvals and small batches, up to homologation for full-production run
Our services at a glance
- We facilitate negotiations with approval authorities and assist with technical documentation for type-approval processes.
- We manage comprehensive homologation projects and provide testing process flows that optimise your time and budget.
- We can brief you on the current trends in regulation and legislation. We ensure you have a full understanding of country-specific approval regulations and clarity on how to qualify for approval of new vehicle concepts and systems.
Tests and test reports
- Our test reports are conducted according to internationally recognised standards including ECE R 100.