The chain of custody (CoC) certification is based on the principle of monitoring the origin of certified wood throughout the entire forest supply chain from logging to the final consumer of wood and paper products.
Thus, any woodworking company can be seen in relation to wood as a link of a chain which starts in the forest and ends at the final consumers. To be able to monitor the origin of wood a reliable and trustworthy system has to be created which would prove to customers the origin of wood material the products are made of. The CoC certification of forest based products provides such a system.
More and more consumers when buying a product not only consider the price and quality but also environmental aspects of the product. In logging and woodworking industry devastation and permanent destroying of the forest stand used to occur and still occurs. Due to this situation an organization was established which has created a scheme to promote sustainable forest management and a corresponding system for monitoring the timber material flow – PEFC Council (PEFC = Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes).
PEFC certified wood and paper products originate from woods managed in an environmentally friendly way being socially beneficial and economically viable.
Chain of Custody certificate is an opinion of an independent, competent and accredited body proving that in the organization the timber material flow and forest based products flow comply with the requirements specified by the standard.
How can a C-o-C certification promote your business?
- you get and improve your access to markets asking for environmentally friendly products
- you gain competitive advantage on the market compared to companies offering non-certified products
- you enhance your company´s reputation
- you gain certainty that you do not buy timber from illegal logging and improper resources
- you gain access to the trade mark – PEFC logo
- you improve your image of a responsible company using wood and paper from renewable and environmentally friendly resources
- you improve internal effectiveness of your business through the timber flow book-keeping system
- you integrate the PEFC CoC into the quality management system and controlling of your company
Request for Price offer!