The industry’s challenges are immense. Reliance on suppliers is absolute. Not just for the manufacturer, but for all the other organisations in the supply chain.
Each one of them needs suppliers that have their own processes under control. Suppliers that understand their customers' specific requirements. Suppliers that are focused on continuous improvement.
If you’re a supplier yourself, you can gain the competitive edge by having a certified Quality Management System in place.
TÜV SÜD can help you meet the criteria for ISO/TS 16949. It’s the only standard for Quality Management that’s recognised worldwide.
ISO/TS 16949 applies to any organisation active in the automotive/motorcycle supply chain. The standard is based on the eight quality management principles that are essential to good business practice. These are:
- Customer focus
- Leadership and involvement of people
- Process approach
- System approach to management
- Continual improvement
- Fact-based decision-making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships
- Fulfilment of customer specific requirements
With ISO/TS 16949, you’ll have all the credentials you need to attract and maintain business with manufacturers around the world.
Your benefits at a glance
- Improve process quality
- Reassign supplier resources to improve quality
- Have a common quality system approach in the supplier development for consistency
- Enjoy confidence in global sourcing
- Reduce second-party audits
- Improve understanding of quality requirements by having a common language
- Reduce variation and increase efficiency
- Decrease multiple third-party registrations