Defensive standard AQAP 2110 contains the NATO requirements for Quality Assurance in design, development and manufacturing. It is designed especially for suppliers of products and services for the Army of the Slovak Republic and NATO member states. TÜV SÜD Slovakia is a systems certification body that is accredited according to the international standards AQAP 2110:2009.
Products designed for Slovak military and NATO are intended for provision of national defense and by their nature are highly specific. AQAP international standards based on ISO requirements and are included by specific requirements that are necessary for the military department. For AQAP 2110 is appropriate if the organization has already implemented a quality system in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 standard.
Specific requirements of AQAP 2110 (compared to 9001):
- Focus on ensuring compliance with the contractual requirements of a particular contract, especially the ability of quality planning for a particular contract,
- Demonstrate the ability of risk management,
- Demonstrate effective communication with customers, including the designated representative for Quality Assurance,
- Manage configuration management planning and documentation procedures at least in the range:
- Identification of the configurations
- Configuration management,
- Configuration Status Accounting,
- Verifying the configuration.
- Management reliability and maintainability of the product,
- Mastering quality throughout the product lifecycle.
The contribution of established and certified quality system according to AQAP 2110 is an opportunity to actively compete for the contract for the Army of the Slovak Republic and other NATO member states.